Exploring Other Storybook Favorites

      I loved looking through all the fun storybooks and seeing how creative people were with finding topics they liked and applying other myths or stories to them. Here are just a few of my favorites!!


1. The Nutcracker

(Image Information: The Nutcracker, web source)

     I love ballet, and I have attended Nutcracker productions every year from a very young age. Because of this, the title of this storybook caught my immediate interest! The home page introduction is a little trite, but all three "scenes" are so fantastic!! I appreciate her author's notes, and enjoyed reading all about her retelling of the story. The author also did a great job formatting the storybook, making it both aesthetically pleasing and easy to read!

https://sites.google.com/view/the-nutracker/the-castle?authuser=0


2. Wizwarding World Tales

(Image Information: Hogwarts Illustration from Pixabay)

    This storybook also caught my interest, as the Harry Potter series may be my all time favorite! I have read and reread these books so many times. The author did a great job explaining the purpose of the storybook and where she got the characters and ideas from. I absolutely love the scenes the author used in the storybook. They utilized some of my favorite characters, so I enjoyed reading them! The site is well designed and easy to navigate!

https://sites.google.com/view/hogwarts-tales/shrieking-shack?authuser=0


3.  Common App


(Image Information: "The School of Athens" by Raphael)

     This was another favorite because I thought the topic was extremely clever! I enjoy learning and reading about Greek mythology (largely thanks to the Percy Jackson series), and this storybook hit the nail on the head. It was funny to read about the different Greek gods and how they would answer common application questions. The author was really able to get into the personalities of the characters! Overall, this was one of my favorites for so many reasons - the easy site layout, the great theme that was unified and clear, and just the author's retelling of familiar stories. 

https://sites.google.com/view/greekcommonapp/artemis?authuser=0


All three of these storybooks, and so many others, did a phenomenal job of drawing the reader in and making them want to continue reading. It is so fun and enjoyable to read all these creative retellings, and I applaud all the authors. I loved these, and I hope you all do too!

Comments