Growth Mindset

 

(Growth Mindset Statements, taken from Ms. Carr's Class Site)

     I am not a Psychology major nor did I love Introduction to Psychology, but I do think subjects like this and just thinking about how the brain works is extremely interesting. I had heard about the growth mindset before through leadership organizations and involvement. Having a positive mindset and having the open space to grow is extremely important. I agree that there are some spaces that the growth mindset may not be the most effective or achievable, such as a traditional education setting. It is hard to be willing to try or put yourself out there, if one is worried about the grade they will receive or the impact it will have. When someone tells me to do something and there will not be any negative impacts to my grade, there is a higher likelihood I will be more creative and try something new.
    In general, I like to be challenged and feedback is super important. I do want to do well academically, so I will stay in a safe box if that is what I feel is necessary. I love learning and I have from a young age, so I am so excited to have some in person classes this semester!! Nothing beats learning in a classroom with a community, and I do believe people do not learn as well online because it is harder to focus. I am so appreciative that this is a reading and writing class focused on improving our skills, which means I can enjoy the work and also benefit from it!

Comments