Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Odyssey

Week 4: Bible Women

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Tibet

Week 9: South Africa

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: British North America

Week 11: American Indian Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Celtic Tales

Week 13: More English Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Czech

Week 15: Hans Christian Andersen
_____________________________________________________________________________________

     I choose these works based on a couple of factors. If there was a story or topic from a particular region I was already interested in, I chose a work to learn more about that. If there was something that I was unfamiliar with, I chose that to immerse myself in new literary culture. There were a few I really wanted to choose, but as I had read them previously, I decided to choose new works and really grow myself as a reader and writer. 
     I love Greek and Roman mythology so was a little sad there was no unit for those, but I am really looking forward to some units such as the Czech retelling of fairy tales and African literature, as I have not read too much of that previously. 

(Web Image selected from Reading List Page due to interest in Czech Folk Tales and excitement for reading them.)

Comments