Storybook Topic Brainstorm

 Through the Bible

    One possible storybook topic would be exploring the parables in the New Testament, and retelling them in a more modern way. I've grown up reading these parables, so this would be interesting and challenging, as some of the parables are already short and simplistic. To do this, several sources would need to be utilized: the original text of course, but also various commentaries to get different interpretations and perspectives. One such commentary is the "Enduring Word Matthew 13 Bible Commentary." 


Dancing Through Life

    I love ballet. I started ballet when I was five, and danced till I was twelve when school activities started conflicting. However, because I missed it, I took a ballet class at OU last semester! Growing up, my mom and I would go see The Nutcracker every year, and it is still one of my favorite traditions. This storybook topic would focus on the storylines of different ballets and how they can be retold. I can explore ballets I've seen or danced in, which include: The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Don Quixote, and Swan Lake. This would be a fun and different topic! 

Swan Lake - The Storyline from The Australian Ballet

Personal Photo taken at a Swan Lake production in Oslo, Norway (June 2019).

Hans Christian Anderson Meets Frozen
    
    Combining the known and loved Hans Christian Anderson stories with the characters from Frozen would be unique and fun! I could retell famous stories with a twist, and incorporate the settings and characters from Frozen. There are a plethora of stories I could choose from, which means I could write about a wide variety of ideas! Here are some stories I could rewrite. 

Harry Potter

    As it is one of my favorite series, it would be so fun to write retellings from Harry Potter. This is difficult as it is such a well-known series, but it would still be interesting. I could change the focus of the stories to characters besides Ron, Harry, and Hermonine, or I could change the setting and classes they take. Regardless, it will be interesting to continue reading other's perspectives on the series, and see what ideas they have that I could incorporate. 


Comments