Topic Research: Dancing Through Life

      For my theme "Dancing Through Life," I would love to take various myths and fables and retell them through the lens of different ballets. Some possible story ideas would be ...

1. Creation Myth

(Image Information: Noah's Ark by Edward Hicks, from Wikipedia)

   For this, I would choose the biblical creation narrative, and retell it using Nutcracker characters and try to integrate some parts of the plot. I would try to keep the storyline in tact, but add elements from the Nutcracker, such as a battle between the mice and soldiers.

2. Beowulf

     I think using the Swan Lake story line would make for a wonderful Beowulf retelling!! It would be interesting and challenging, but I think it the dynamics between the different swans and the monster would be great to retell.

3. Cinderella

     Using Cinderella would be a wonderful way to retell Hans Christian Anderson fables. It would be cool to use Cinderella characters and main plot point to makes his fables come to life in a new manner. 

Comments