Wikipedia Trail ... From Cupid and Psyche to Democracy (Week 3 Extra Credit)

1. Cupid and Psyche

(Image Information: Psyche and Amor by François Gérard)

I started here, as it was the source of my story this week. It was interesting to read some of the background and history of the story, both its meaning and its historical context. There were a lot of links I could have chosen from for #2, so I'm excited to see where this trail leads :)

2. Eros

I decided to read more about the god of love, Eros. The story Psyche and Cupid is Roman, so it was interesting that Eros, the Greek form, pulled up on the original Wikipedia page. He was a primordial god in Greek mythology. 

3. Athens

When I saw Athens, I knew I had to click on it! I've wanted to go to Greece for essentially forever, and I think Greek mythology and history is so fascinating. As the capital, with so much history and culture, I could easily immerse myself there for a while. 

4. Democracy

Since Athens is considered to be the birthplace of democracy, this was an easy wikipedia trail to follow. I read more about its roots and history, and loved seeing the breakdown of Greek to English (Greek dēmokratiā, from dēmos 'people' and kratos 'rule').

Comments